|Battery||3630 mAh LiIon|
|Bluetooth||Supported Profiles: HSP 1.2, HFP 1.6, OPP, PBA, A2DP 1.2, AVRC 1.3, HID, PAN, MAP |
|Camera||Resolution: 20+ megapixel |
LED flash, f/2.0 aperture / auto-HDR, panorama, night mode, timer, gesture launch
|Data||Technology: LTE (Cat 3)|
|Dimensions||5.8 x 2.9 x 0.43 in 147 x 74 x 10.9 mm|
|Display||5.5 in diagonal, 16:9|
Full HD 1080 x 1920 pixels
401 ppi approx.
Type: LCD (TFT/TFD)
|FCC IDs||IHDT56UB1 approved Jul 10, 2015|
IHDT56UB2 approved Jul 20, 2015
|Fast Charging||up to 8 hours of use in 15 minutes|
|Front/Selfie Camera||Resolution: 5-megapixel|
|Headphone Jack (3.5mm)||Yes|
|Hearing Aid Compatible||Rating: M3, T3 (mostly tele-coil compatible)|
|Memory Card Slot||Card Type: microSD |
up to 128 GB
|Modes||LTE 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 7 / 13 / 20|
WCDMA 1 / 2 / 5 / 8
CDMA 850 / 1900
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 LTE 4G
band 2 / 1900 MHz PCS (Americas)
band 3 / 1800 MHz DCS (Europe, Asia, Africa)
band 4 / 1700 MHz AWS (Americas)
band 5 / 850 MHz Cellular (Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel)
band 7 / 2600 MHz IMT-E (Canada, South America, Europe, Asia)
band 13 / 750 MHz Upper 700 (USA (Verizon))
band 20 / 800 MHz EU Digital Dividend (Europe)
WCDMA 3G / 4G
band 1 (I) / 2100 MHz IMT (Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, Brazil, India, Israel)
band 2 (II) / 1900 MHz PCS (Americas)
band 5 (V) / 850 MHz Cellular (Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel)
band 8 (VIII) / 900 MHz (Europe, Asia, Africa)
CDMA 2G / 3G
850 MHz / band 5 / BC0 Cellular (Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel)
1900 MHz / band 2 / BC1 PCS (Americas)
850 MHz / band 5 Cellular (Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel)
900 MHz / band 8 (Europe, Asia, Africa)
1800 MHz / band 3 DCS (Europe, Asia, Africa)
1900 MHz / band 2 PCS (Americas)
|OS / Platform||Android version 5.1|
|Processor||1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 615|
2 GB RAM
|SIM card size||Nano 4FF|
|Side Keys||lock, volume on right|
|Storage/Internal Memory||16 GB raw hardware|
11 GB available to user
Expandable via memory card
|Touch Screen||Type: Capacitive|
|Video Capture||Resolution: 1080p HD |
slow-motion mode (540p)
|Waterproof/Water Resistance||nano-coating protects against accidental spills, splashes, light rain|
|Weight||6.13 oz 174 g|
|Wi-Fi||Version(s): 802.11 a,b,g,n|
The Motorola Droid Maxx 2 is not currently available from any carriers
The Motorola Droid Maxx 2 has been discontinued by the following service providers.
The Motorola Droid Maxx 2 has been rated 0.0 out of 5 stars by users.
In 2012 the battery of the Droid RAZR MAXX pulled me into the smartphone world. After 4 wonderful years, it took a swim. When I went to Verizon I expected to get a flip-phone, but was introduced to the MAXX 2.
The timing was perfect. The MAXX 2 offered exactly what I needed and learned to love about the Droid RAZR MAXX. It was an all-around upgrade. Being mid-level, the MAXX 2 didn't threaten to break my unexpected phone budget, yet still offered enough horsepower to be snappy with my swipes and app switches.
After 3 weeks of daily use, here's what I can say.
- Although much larger than my old 4" phone, the curved design makes it seem just as thin in my pocket.
- The textured back makes it easy to hold the device securely.
- The battery really does last for 2 days.
- Using a Rapid charger provides a full 2-day charge in about an hour and a half. (I turn off WiFi, LTE data, and Bluetooth to shorten the charge time)
- The "octa-core" processor is very responsive in this device, and I have yet to experience any lag whatsoever. (I don't use it to play games - it's a phone)
- The 2GB of RAM allowed me to delete a (transferred) 1600 text thread in about 15 seconds. My previous phone would take 15 minutes or hang when deleting threads over 50 messages.
- Gorilla Glass: Period. It proved its durability and worth with the Droid RAZR MAXX, and I expect it to perform the same. In the 4 years and many drops, not one screen replacement was necessary.
- Camera: Wow. I'm used to conceding to the photo quality of my family's iDevices, but not anymore. The 21 megapixel camera is quick and takes really clear pictures.
- MicroSD slot: a necessity for me.
- The screen is big and bright with a vivid display.
- OS: able to upgrade to Android 6 immediately.
- No wireless charging
- Non-removable battery
- Fairly weak phone speaker (I use BT as a result)
- Bloatware (recommend hiding with 3rd party launcher, then disabling)
- Still can't swim
Overall, I love this phone!